Auction Terms & Conditions
Bidder Terms and Conditions
Online Only Auction Event
These Bidder Terms and Conditions apply to auctions conducted by Shawn J Dostie, Auctioneer, having a business address at 20066 TR 310, Coshocton, Ohio 43812 ("Auctioneer"), and constitute a legal, valid, binding, and enforceable contract between Auctioneer and each Bidder. These bidder terms and conditions also form the basis for the contract of sale between the Seller and the Buyer. For the purposes of these Bidder Terms and Conditions, the term "YOU" refers to each Bidder (as defined below).
1. Bidder Terms and Conditions; Posted Terms; Announcements at the Time of the Auction; Agreement to Be Bound. The Auction is conducted under and in accordance with these Bidder Terms and Conditions and any and all other terms and conditions posted on the Auctioneers website(s) and on the websites of any Online Auction Platform Provider(s) used by Auctioneer. The Auction is subject to any announcements or corrections by Auctioneer. By participating in the Auction in any way, YOU agree to be bound by, and to abide by, these Bidder Terms and Conditions.
2. Definitions. The following definitions apply to these Bidder Terms and Conditions:
"Auction" means an online auction sale conducted by Auctioneer.
"Auctioneer" means Shawn J. Dostie, Auctioneer.
"Bidder" means any person or entity, and the agents or representatives of any such person or entity, that registers, and/or bids, and/or buys, and/or otherwise participates in the Auction (including, without being limited to, inspection and/or pick-up), regardless of whether such person or entity tenders a bid.
"Bidder Account" means the number or other identifier issued by Auctioneer to a Bidder.
"Bidder Registration" means the information provided by a prospective Bidder, and the process of registering such prospective Bidder to bid at the Auction, including the prospective Bidder's agreement to be bound by these Bidder Terms and Conditions.
"Bidder Terms and Conditions" means these Bidder Terms and Conditions.
"Buyer" means the Winning Bidder on a Lot.
"Buyer's Premium" is an amount with respect to each Lot, calculated as a percentage of the Hammer Price, that is payable by the Buyer to the Auctioneer on the Seller's behalf, and distributed per Seller/Auctioneer contract.
"Contract Price" means an amount equal to the Hammer Price plus the Buyer's Premium.
"Fall of the Hammer" means the point, after bids have been received, at which Auction Firm declares a Lot "sold" to the Bidder acknowledged by Auctioneer as having made the Winning Bid. During an online Auction, the Fall of the Hammer will occur electronically at the end of timed (or extended) bidding.
"Hammer Price" means the High Bid amount recognized by Auctioneer with the Fall of the Hammer.
"High Bid" means the amount recognized by Auctioneer as the highest bid at the conclusion of bidding on a Lot.
"High Bidder" means the Bidder recognized by Auctioneer as having made the High Bid on a Lot.
"High Estimate" means an amount that Auctioneer anticipates that a Lot may bring at the high end of a spectrum of possible bids. The High Estimate, if used, is not a valuation or appraisal, and cannot be relied on as such.
"Lot" means each individual item or grouping of personal property put up at one time by Auctioneer.
"Low Estimate" means an amount that Auctioneer anticipates that a Lot may bring at the low end of a spectrum of possible bids. The Low Estimate, if used, is not a valuation or appraisal, and cannot be relied on as such.
"No Sale" occurs if a Lot is put up at the Auction but is not sold, and Auctioneer passes on such Lot, withdraws the Lot, or declares a No Sale of the Lot.
"Online Auction Platform" means any hardware and/or software utilized to conduct the Auction online and to facilitate online bidding, including any associated, adjunct, and/or complementary websites, services, premiums, and promotions. Auctioneer may utilize one or more Online Auction Platforms.
"Online Auction Platform Provider" means the provider of an Online Auction Platform and related services. Auctioneer may utilize one or more Online Auction Platform Providers.
"Online Bidding Period" means any established period during which online bids may be tendered.
"Private Sale" means an event in which a Lot is sold (or gifted) by the Seller, or on the Seller's behalf, other than at the Auction.
"Private Sale Price" means the fair market purchase price of a Lot paid, or agreed to be paid, at a Private Sale in an arms-length transaction between the Seller and the purchaser. If a Lot is sold through a Private Sale for less than its fair market value, or in a transaction that is not an arms-length transaction, or is gifted by the Seller, the Private Sale Price will be an amount equal to the fair market value of the Lot in an arms-length transaction.
"Reserve" or "With Reserve" means that property put up at auction may be withdrawn by Auctioneer and/or bids may be rejected by Auctioneer prior to the Fall of the Hammer. It is not necessary for there to be a Reserve Price for an Auction to be With Reserve. UNLESS SPECIFICALLY AND EXPRESSLY STATED OTHERWISE BY AUCTION FIRM IN WRITING, ALL LOTS ARE BEING SOLD WITH RESERVE.
"Reserve Price" means the minimum price that Seller is willing to accept for a Lot. If a Lot put up With Reserve is subject to a Reserve Price, the Lot will not be sold unless the Reserve Price is met or waived. It is not required for any Reserve Price to be disclosed.
"Winning Bid" means the highest bid received and accepted (and if Subject to Seller's Confirmation, confirmed by Seller).
"Winning Bidder" means the Bidder who is recognized by Auctioneer as having made the Winning Bid.
"Without Reserve" means Absolute.
3. Auction Closing Date. Bidding continues until 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time on May 12, 2019. At that time, lots will begin closing at a rate of 10 per minute until the last item is sold. With overtime bidding, this auction could last a long time. PLEASE use your max-bid feature.
4. Bidder Registration; Bidder Qualification. YOU must register to bid. Auctioneer may establish such Bidder Registration requirements and Bidder qualifications as Auctioneer determines, in its discretion, to be reasonably necessary or appropriate. In order to register to bid, YOU must provide such information as requested by Auctioneer, including YOUR name, address, telephone number, email address, and a valid credit card number. YOUR address on the registration must match the address on file with your credit card company. Auctioneer may refuse to accept a Bidder Registration from any potential Bidder, may refuse to grant bidding privileges to any potential Bidder, and may revoke the Bidder Registration or bidding privileges of any Bidder. By registering to bid, YOU represent to Auctioneer that, if YOU are a natural person, YOU are at least eighteen (18) years of age and that YOU are otherwise legally able to enter into a contract. Each entity registering to bid represents that it has the power and authority to register, to bid, and to complete the purchase transaction if it is the Winning Bidder. YOU acknowledge and agree that YOU have read, understand, and agree to be bound by, these Bidder Terms and Conditions, any and all other terms and conditions posted on the Auctioneers website(s), and the terms and conditions posted on the websites of any Online Auction Platform Provider(s) used by Auctioneer. Auctioneer may, in its absolute discretion, receive bids from a person or entity that has not registered to bid, and/or who has not satisfied all requirements for Bidder Registration, and/or that has not previously been granted bidding privileges, and, by bidding, such person or entity will be bound by these Bidder Terms and Conditions, any and all other terms and conditions posted on the Auctioneers website(s), and the terms and conditions posted on the websites of any Online Auction Platform Provider(s) used by Auctioneer. Bidder qualification provisions are intended for the benefit of Auctioneer and its Seller(s), and create no rights or interests in any other persons, including competing Bidders. Auctioneer and/or its Seller(s) may (but will not be required to) waive any Bidder qualifications, either globally or on a case by case basis.
5. Auction Conducted in the State of Ohio. The Auction is conducted in the State of Ohio. All property is offered for sale in the State of Ohio, and will be sold and delivered in the State of Ohio. Notwithstanding YOUR physical location, these Bidder Terms and Conditions are entered into in the State of Ohio, all bids and payments are received in the State of Ohio, and all contracts between Seller and Buyer are formed and entered into in the State of Ohio, and all Lots will be delivered in the State of Ohio.
6. Buyer's Premium. A Buyer's Premium, or Buyer's fee, will be charged on all Lots. The Buyer's Premium, which will be paid by the Buyer to the Auctioneer on the Seller's behalf, will be calculated as a percentage of the Hammer Price for each Lot, and will be added to the Hammer Price to determine the final Contract Price. The Buyer's Premium will be fifteen percent (16.0%) of the Hammer Price for each Lot, and is earned by (and may be retained by) Auctioneer with the Fall of the Hammer.
7. Access to Online Auction Platform; Premises. YOU assume all risks associated with YOUR access to the Auction, including the Online Auction Platform, the premises of Auctioneer, and any other physical location associated with Auctioneer or the Auction. Any person may be denied access to the Auction, the Online Auction Platform, and the premises of Auctioneer or any other physical location associated with Auctioneer or the Auction.
8. Nature of the Auction. Unless expressly stated otherwise in writing, the Auction will be With Reserve. Auctioneer may Withdraw any Lot prior to the Fall of the Hammer on such Lot.
9. No Bid Retraction. YOU may not retract a bid that has been acknowledged by Auctioneer or that has been submitted online. YOU acknowledge and agree that Auctioneer is acting in reliance on tendered bids in the conduct of the Auction, and that bid retraction is disruptive and interferes with the Auction, and that, as an inducement for Auctioneer to accept YOUR Registration and to grant YOU bidding privileges, and for YOU to bid at the Auction, YOU agree not to withdraw or to attempt to withdraw any bid tendered by YOU.
10. Posted Times. All times are based on the Eastern Standard Time Zone. Posted closing times and time displays are approximate. Auctioneer reserves the right, in Auctioneer's sole and absolute discretion, to close early or extend the Auction.
11. Handling of Online Bids; Maximum Bid Amounts. YOU may establish a maximum bid amount. Online Bids will ordinarily be initiated at an established opening bid amount or at the next bid increment, which amount may be less than YOUR maximum bid amount. Online bids will automatically be executed competitively up to the Fall of the Hammer (or other termination of the bidding). The receipt and execution of online bids will not create an agency relationship between Auctioneer and YOU.
12. Bid Increments. Auctioneer may establish bid increments, and may modify or change, bid increments.
13. Buying Multiples (X THE MONEY). When bidding on multiples of an item in a single lot, you are bidding the price for one (1) item x the number of items indicated in red to the left of the photo. Example: x5 = your bid price x that same price for 5 items.
14. Relationship of the Parties. Auctioneer is the agent of the Seller(s), and represents the Seller(s) exclusively. Auctioneer is not YOUR agent or representative, and is not acting on YOUR behalf.
15. Winning Bid; Buyer. The Bidder making the Winning Bid for any Lot, will be the Buyer of the Lot on final certification by Auctioneer. The final determination of the Winning Bidder is subject to certification by Auctioneer. At the conclusion of the Auction YOU will receive an email with an invoice advising YOU of the items won. Winning Bidders will receive an email only. YOU are responsible for checking YOUR email account.
16. Records. Absent clerical errors, the records of Auctioneer will be final and conclusive for all purposes.
17. Technology Disruptions. Auctioneer will not be responsible for technology disruptions, errors, or failures (including disruptions to bidding or the failure to execute, recognize, or record online bids), whether caused by (i) loss of connectivity, breakdown, disruption, or failure of the Online Auction Platform, (ii) errors in programming or set-up of the online Auction, (iii) breakdown, disruption, or failure of a Bidder's internet connection, computer, or system, or (iv) otherwise. Auctioneer may, but will not be required to, continue, suspend, delay, extend, reschedule, close, re-set, or re-start the Auction because of disruptions caused by technology failures or errors, even after bidding has commenced.
18. Failures by Online Auction Platform Provider and its Affiliates or Contractors. Auctioneer may use an Online Auction Platform Provider to facilitate the Auction. Under no circumstances will Auctioneer be liable for any failure of the Online Auction Platform Provider to perform all or any of its obligations, or for the failure of any affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, or contractors of the Online Auction Platform Provider to perform their obligations.
19. Auction Closing; Auto-Extend Feature. The online Auction moves fast and closes multiple Lots every minute. The automatic system will close the bidding on intervals. The closing time of a Lot is automatically extended by an additional 2-3 minutes whenever a bid is placed within the last 3 minutes of the Lot's closing time, and will continue to be so extended until there is a set period of time that lapses during which no advancing online bids are received, after which bidding on the Lot will close.
20. Disclaimer Regarding Online Auction Platform(s). Auctioneer makes no representations or warranties, and disclaims all representations and warranties, (i) that any Online Auction Platform(s) or any related website(s) or technology will be uninterrupted, error free or virus free, (ii) as to the results that may be obtained by using any Online Auction Platform(s) or any related website(s) or technology, or (iii) as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, security, or current nature of any Online Auction Platform(s), or any related website(s) or technology.
21. Responsibility for Online Bids. YOU are responsible for all bids transmitted from YOUR computer or from YOUR Bidder Account. If a Winning Bid is sent from YOUR computer or using YOUR Bidder Account, YOU will be the Buyer on certification by Auction Firm.
22. All Property Sold "AS IS", "WHERE IS", and "WITH ALL FAULTS". ALL PROPERTY IS BEING OFFERED AND SOLD IN ITS "AS IS/WHERE IS" CONDITION AT THE TIME OF THE AUCTION, WITH ALL FAULTS, INCLUDING ANY HIDDEN DEFECTS OF ANY NATURE. NEITHER AUCTIONEER NOR ANY SELLER MAKES ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE NATURE, VALUE, SOURCE, AUTHENTICITY, FITNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, AND/OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OR CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCH PROPERTY. NO STATEMENT ANYWHERE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING VERBAL STATEMENTS MADE BY AUCTION FIRM, WILL BE DEEMED A WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION BY AUCTIONEER OR ANY SELLER. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AUTHENTICITY, ORIGIN, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU CANNOT RELY ON, AND YOU HAVE NOT RELIED ON, ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, OR GUARANTY MADE BY ANY SELLER OR ANYONE ACTING AS AGENT OF A SELLER (INCLUDING AUCTIOEER), ORALLY OR IN WRITING, ABOUT ANY LOT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE HAD A FULL AND FAIR OPPORTUNITY TO INSPECT ALL LOTS, AND THAT YOU ARE RELYING SOLELY ON, OR HAVE WAIVED, YOUR INSPECTION AND INVESTIGATION (i) IN DETERMINING WHETHER TO BID, (ii) IN DETERMINING THE AMOUNT OF YOUR BID(S), AND (iii) IN BIDDING. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DETERMINE CONDITION, AGE, GENUINENESS, VALUE, OR ANY OTHER DETERMINATIVE FACTORS REGARDING ANY LOT ON WHICH YOU BID.
23. Bidder's Inspection; Adequacy of Description and Images. YOU are encouraged to inspect the Lot(s), or to have the Lot(s) inspected by YOUR agent or representative before bidding. By bidding, YOU acknowledge and agree that YOU have had a full and fair opportunity to inspect the Lot(s), and that YOU are relying solely on YOUR inspection and investigation, or that YOU have waived inspection and investigation, and that you have not relied on any statement, representation, warranty, or guaranty made by any Seller or anyone acting as agent or representative of a Seller (including Auctioneer), and any photographs or other images of Lot(s) are adequate for YOUR purposes.
CAUTION: Always read the item description. Varied equipment may be joined for demonstration purposes. Do not assume a lot consists of more than one item simply because they may be connected or pictured together. Please inspect the lot numbers and read the descriptions. YOU are bidding on the described item not the photo - occasionally, the wrong photo is displayed ALWAYS READ THE LOT DESCRIPTION.
24. Description of Property. Unless otherwise expressly stated in writing, any description of a Lot is based solely on visual impression, and is given solely for identification purposes, and does not create any warranty, expressed or implied, or representation by Auctioneer.
25. High and Low Estimates. If and to the extent that High Estimates and Low Estimates are used, they are merely a guide. You may not rely on High Estimates or Low Estimates as a prediction of the Hammer Price or the value of any Lot, or for any other purpose. High and Low Estimates are not a guaranty of price or value, and are not an indicator of the possible re-sale value of any Lot. High Estimates and Low Estimates do not include the Buyer's Premium.
26. Announcements. Announcements made, or posted, by Auctioneer on the day of, or during, the Auction are binding and take precedence over any prior advertisements or listings. Auctioneer reserves the right to (i) add or remove Lots, (ii) split or combine lots, (iii) add minimum bids or reserve prices, (iv) cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule any Lot or the Auction in its entirety, and make changes to the Auction closing times and/or inspection and/or removal times.
27. Bidding by or on Behalf of Seller(s). Seller(s) may bid directly, or indirectly, on any Lot, and Auctioneer may place bids on a Seller's behalf up to the Reserve Price, if any, as well as himself. Additionally, employees of the Auctioneer are permitted to bid and buy just like anyone else.
28. Conduct of the Auction. Auctioneer will regulate all matters relating to the conduct of the Auction and the decisions of Auctioneer will be final and binding. Auctioneer will have control over bidding, and Auctioneer will resolve any and all disputes. Auctioneer may, in Auctioneer's sole and absolute discretion, reopen the bidding (but will not be required to) if (i) a bid was tendered prior to the fall of the Hammer but went unnoticed by Auctioneer until called to Auctioneer's attention after the Fall of the Hammer or other termination of the bidding, or (ii) a technology disruption, failure, or error, caused a bid that was tendered, or attempted to be tendered, prior to the hammer from being received or recognized, or (iii) some other error or dispute occurs. Any contracts formed with the Fall of the Hammer will be subject to the conditions set forth in this Section. If bidding is reopened, the High Bid recognized by Auctioneer prior to the reopening of the bidding will be held, and may not be retracted, and, if no further bids are received, such bid will be the Winning Bid.
29. Contract of Sale for Personal Property. No additional or further writing will be required to evidence the existence of a contract of sale for any Lot sold at the Auction regardless of the Hammer Price, and these Bidder Terms and Conditions, together with the records of Auctioneer identifying the Lot, the Hammer Price, and the Buyer, will be conclusive evidence as to the terms of the sale. These Bidder Terms and Conditions will be incorporated into and made a part of each contract between a Buyer and a Seller.
30. Payment. All Lots must be paid for in-full within Three (3) days after the close of the Auction. Online purchases must be paid by credit card, certified funds, or by wire transfer; provided, however, that any online purchases in excess of Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00) must be paid by certified funds or wire transfer unless other arrangements acceptable to Auctioneer are made. Credit card payments are subject to a 4% convenience fee, paid by the buyer.
31. Declined Credit Card. If your credit card is declined at reconciliation for any reason whatsoever, YOU will be charged a $10 processing fee to run another credit card or to run same card at a later time
32. Title. If YOU are certified as the Winning Bidder on a Lot by Auctioneer, YOU will be contractually obligated to pay the Contract Price for that Lot. However, title and ownership of the Lot will not pass from the Seller to YOU until payment is made and clears.
33. Delivery; Sales Tax. All Lots will be delivered to YOU at Auction Firm's location in the State of Ohio, or at such other location within the State of Ohio as indicated in the Auction listing. YOU may designate, appoint, and empower an agent to accept delivery of YOUR purchases in the State of Ohio and to arrange for shipment of YOUR property to a location designated by YOU. Unless an exemption applies, all purchases are subject to Ohio sales tax, and any applicable local sales tax charged by a municipality within the State of Ohio. Sales tax will be collected at the point of sale and remitted to the State of Ohio and to any applicable local taxing authorities. The foregoing notwithstanding, if another jurisdiction or taxing authority (including, without being limited to, the jurisdiction in which YOU reside, conduct business, or maintain the Lots purchased by YOU) requires the collection and remittance of sales tax, use tax, or a similar tax, YOU will be responsible for payment of an amount equal to such tax. If it is determined that sales tax is collected and paid to the wrong taxing authority, YOU and Auctioneer will cooperate in efforts to obtain a refund of such tax.
34. Pick-up and Removal; Shipping; Insurance. YOU are responsible for pick-up and removal of Lot(s) purchased by YOU. Pick-up and removal dates and times will be stated on YOUR invoice and may also be posted on Auctioneer's website. Unless otherwise agreed, YOU are solely responsible for the disassembly, rigging, removal, shipping, and transportation of each Lot purchased by YOU. Disassembly and removal must be done in a workmanlike manner, and YOU will indemnify and hold harmless both Auctioneer and Seller(s) against any and all damage caused by YOU or YOUR employees, agents, representatives, or independent contractors in connection with the disassembly or removal of any Lot(s). Any and all damage, including, without being limited to damage to land or buildings, caused by YOU or by YOUR employees, agents, representatives, or independent contractors, will be repaired by YOU, or at YOUR expense, to the satisfaction of Auctioneer and Seller(s). YOU are responsible for insuring all Lots purchased by YOU. If a Lot is not available for pickup, the YOU must notify Auctioneer's on-site staff and file a claim by replying to your original emailed invoice noting what was not available within 24 hours of the pickup date; after 24 hours of the close of the removal period, no adjustment or refund will be made. Any Lots shipped to YOU will be via a shipment contract free on board at Auctioneer's location in the State of Ohio or at such location within the State of Ohio as indicated in the Auction listing. Possession and risk of loss will pass to you at the point of shipment in the State of Ohio. Shipping of items, other than firearms is available on the following handling charge schedule, plus postage:
$5.00 handling charge for non- fragile items.
$10.00 handling for fragile items (glass) that needs wrapping.
$20.00 per box for any large lots, requiring multiple boxes.
$50.00 per box for any large fragile (glass) lots requiring wrapping.
Handling fees are the sole discretion of the Auctioneer. Pick up of fragile items are highly encouraged to be picked up, and the only liability shall be the insured value, up to the bid price paid, by YOU.
35. Failure to Pick-up or Arrange for the Delivery; Abandoned Property; Storage. Any Lot(s) not removed by the end of the removal date and time ascribed to the Auction will be deemed abandoned to Auctioneer, even if paid for, and YOU will give up all rights with respect to such Lot(s). Subject to applicable law, beginning Two (2) days after the Auction, and continuing until the removal or other disposition of any Lot(s) not been picked-up or removed, a storage charge in the amount of Five Dollars ($5.00) per day will accrue, and Auctioneer will have a possessory lien against such Lot(s) that may be executed on in order to satisfy such storage charges. Under any circumstances, YOU are responsible for the full Contract Price of all Lots on which YOU are the Winning Bidder.
36. Shipping of Firearms. All firearms must be shipped to an FFL (Federal Firearm Licensee) of YOUR choosing, FFLs are easy to find (most gun shops will do this for you) and most charge a nominal fee for this service. No later than 2 days after the close of the Auction, the shipping address and a copy of the accepting FFL license must be sent to Auctioneer by email at [email protected]
All firearms will be shipped through the United States Postal Service with insurance covering the purchase price including Buyer's Premium. A shipping and handling fee of $20, plus postage, will be assessed to the buyer for each firearm shipped. The receiving FFL will, then, perform the transfer of the firearm to YOU including any required background checks, YOU are responsible for any fees assessed by the FFL.
37. Ammunition. Ammunition will be shipped via UPS.
38. All Sales Final. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS.
39. No Credit Card Chargebacks. YOU agree that such YOU will not, under any circumstances, initiate a credit card chargeback with respect to any purchases at the Auction. YOU further agree that if, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, a credit card chargeback is initiated, these Bidder Terms and Conditions will be conclusive evidence of YOUR agreement not to initiate a credit card chargeback; and YOU acknowledge and agree that on the presentation of these Bidder Terms and Conditions to the bank, credit card company, or other financial institution that issued the credit card on which charges were made, such bank, credit card company, or other financial institution will reverse or deny any credit card chargeback, and will re-credit all amounts to or for the account of Auctioneer. If, in violation of these Bidder Terms and Conditions, YOU initiate a credit card chargeback, even if successful, YOU will remain liable for all purchases made at the Auction, and YOU will be responsible for all costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, incurred by or on behalf of Auctioneer and/or any Seller(s) in challenging the credit card chargeback and in collecting payment. YOUR agreement not to initiate a credit card chargeback is a condition to YOUR Registration as a Bidder, and for the privilege of bidding at the Auction, and is being made as an inducement for Auctioneer to accept YOUR Registration and to permit YOU to bid at the Auction. Auctioneer is relying on YOUR agreement not to initiate a credit card chargeback in accepting YOUR Bidder Registration and in permitting YOU to bid at the Auction.
40. Claims. Unless otherwise provided in writing, after a Lot has been picked-up or removed by YOU or on YOUR behalf, no claims or returns will be allowed and there will be no adjustments or rescissions.
41. Third-Parties and Subsequent Purchasers. Auctioneer has no relationship with any third-parties or subsequent purchasers of Lot(s), and no third-party or subsequent purchaser may rely on any statements or descriptions made by Auctioneer, nor will Auctioneer have any liability to such persons or entities. YOU agree to indemnify Auctioneer and to hold Auctioneer harmless from and against any and all claims made by third-parties or subsequent purchasers of any Lot(s) purchased by YOU.
42. Buyer's Remedies; Bidders/Buyers Not Entitled to Incidental or Consequential Damages. To the extent that YOU may be entitled to any remedies in connection with the Auction, the sole and exclusive remedy available to YOU is a return, from Seller, of (i) the Hammer Price actually paid, and (ii) an amount equal to the Buyer's Premium. Under no circumstances will Auctioneer or the Seller be liable for incidental or consequential damages, including, without being limited to lost profits or reduced productivity. YOU, further, acknowledge and agree that YOU are not entitled to specific performance or other equitable relief.
43. Seller's Remedies. If YOU breach any obligations under these Terms and Conditions or under a contract with a Seller, such property may be re-sold and YOU will be responsible for any and all damages, including any deficiency or reduction in the Contract Price, along with incidental damages.
44. Private Sale. YOU agree not to enter into a Private Sale transaction with the Seller(s) of any Lot(s) prior to or during the Auction. If YOU enter into a Private Sale transaction with the Seller(s) of any Lot(s) prior to or during the Auction, or within Thirty (30) days after the Auction (for any Lot(s) not sold at the Auction), Auctioneer will be entitled to receive an amount equal to its full Commission and Buyer's Premium (calculated as a percentage of the Private Sale Price), together with reimbursable expenses; and YOU and the Seller will be jointly and severally liable to Auctioneer for the payment of such amounts.
45. Waiver. Certain provisions of these Bidder Terms and Conditions are for the exclusive benefit of Auctioneer and/or Seller(s). Such provisions (including, without being limited to, Bidder registration and qualification requirements, payment terms, removal and delivery terms, and inspection terms) do not create, and will not be deemed to create, any benefits or rights in favor of any other persons, including competing Bidders, and may not be enforced by any other persons. Either globally or on a case by case basis Auctioneer and/or Seller may (but will not be required to) waive any provisions of these Bidder Terms and Conditions that are intended for the benefit of Auctioneer and/or Seller.
46. Indemnification. YOU agree to indemnify Auctioneer, and to hold Auctioneer harmless, with respect to any damages claimed in connection with the Auction or purchases made at the Auction and with respect to any subsequent sale of Lots.
47. Email List; Agreement to Receive Email. YOU agree to be added to the email list maintained by Auctioneer. Each email Auctioneer sends will have an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. YOU agree not to report any email sent by or on behalf of Auctioneer as spam.
48. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. This Agreement and its interpretations will be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, including its statutes of limitation, but without regard to its rules governing conflict of law. Any suit relating to this Agreement will be brought in the Court of Common Pleas for Coshocton County, Ohio. In any litigation or other legal proceeding which may arise between any of the parties hereto, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover its costs and expenses, including court costs and expenses incurred on appeal, and reasonable attorneys' fees. YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms